Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Once a Marine

I picked up Once a Marine on a whim from my local library. It is not often that I come across a book, much less a memoir, that is so powerfully written or where the author's voice rings through so clearly. Regardless of how you feel about the war in Iraq or the military, Nick Popaditch's story is worth your time. Anyone that has ever believed in a cause or built their life around something only to have it snatched away from them will be able to relate. This is more than a war story, it is a story of courage, perseverance, and adjustment. Nick Popaditch has earned my utmost respect and admiration and is the symbol of so many others that go unrecognized.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I think you've updated your 'about me' or maybe I just wasn't paying attention the first time I read it. I too feel so much as you feel and view so much as you view. Our church vision is: Changed lives engaged to impact the community around them.
I take that to heart. :)