Nicole at Marine Wife Unplugged tagged me in this and I'm happy to oblige... (Sorry the formatting is so weird. I finally let it win.)
1. You must post the rules (and link up who tagged you).
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag however many people you want
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
11 Facts About Me
1. I enjoy a good hike, but about the only sure way to talk me into it is to promise a milkshake at the end.
2. Since childhood I have enjoyed eating oysters - pan fried, raw, steamed, whatever.
3. Sleep is my favorite thing.
4. I really want a redheaded child. Interestingly enough, my brother has shared that he is terrified of redheaded children under age 14.
5. Unassisted, I can only see three inches in front of my face clearly. I'm that blind.
6. I'm convinced I'm going to die in a car crash. I don't know why.
7. One day I want to have a self-sufficient household/farm. As of yesterday my dream includes animals of burden to till the land. I'm very Prairie House at heart.
8. I am one of the most empathetic people you will ever meet. True story.
9. I'm 5'3", but wear tall shoes to prevent having to hem my pants. This occasionally throws people off when I do wear flat shoes (which I would prefer to do, darn office job and dress pants).
10. I am married to the second (and last) man I dated.
11. Living in the Midwest for a year was the best worst thing I ever did.
Nicole's Questions For me
1. Have you ever told a stranger about salvation through Christ? Not that directly. I have shared my own beliefs with strangers and left the conversation open.
2. Have you ever been to a chiropractor? Nope, and trying to keep it that way. Though apparently I get discounted chiropractic services through work, so should I break myself during 1/2 marathon or relay training I have a less expensive way to get fixed.
3. When you first learned about PTSD, what did you think of it? It has always made sense to me and I was relieved to find it had a name.
4. Have you ever regretted being married? No, I married my best friend and have been blessed by him ever single day for the last five years.
5. If your spouse said he wanted you to wear skirts for the rest of your life because he loved how you looked in them, would you have a problem with that? He could say it and I would be flattered. I would probably make an effort to wear them more often, but I wouldn't wear them every day.
6. What are you most thankful for today? My health.
7. How often have you been angered by things you have read on my blog? I don't think you've ever said anything that's angered me. There's been times I thought you took things too far or had a vastly different viewpoint than mine, but nothing anger-inducing.
8. Describe a time you helped someone out anonymously and did not seek recognition for it. Wouldn't it be seeking recognition if I told you about it? ;-)
9. What household chore do you gripe about performing the most? Sweeping and mopping the floor! It's time consuming and within five minutes they're dirty again. Grrr! (Hubby does this chore most of the time cause he loves me.)
10. How can you tell if someone is really following the Messiah? Their words and deeds line up and you feel a sense of peace when you're around them, no matter what is going on.
11. Do you think that Barack Obama is a good president? I don't think there is such a thing as a good president. Each administration is at the mercy of the administration before him, the Congress in session, and the current world disasters. Why anyone would want to be president is beyond me.
Who I'm Tagging
- George at Rough And Rede
- Kim at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls
- Christie at Marathon Mama
- Nikki at My Story That I Like The Best
- Shawna at Pink Spandex
- Leslie at Pink Spandex
1. Which three books would you take with you if you were banished to a deserted island?
2. Who had the greatest influence on you growing up?
3. What was the best vacation you ever had?
4. What's your "one moment" - the moment in your life you wish you could go back and change?
5. Icecream or cake?
6. What do you want people to remember about you?
7. What is your favorite quote?
8. Would you live without internet or without your phone?
9. What has been your greatest accomplishment?
10. How do you celebrate an accomplishment?
11. How does life compare to what you had planned 5/10/15/25 years ago?