Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm a Survey Sucker

I stole this from Pink Spandex who stole it from Fat Bridesmaid. I need to blog and I have too many things floating around in my head. So I will hereby expel 2008 onto this html page and, with any luck, be able to focus on the future that is 2009.

So here goes:

Was 2008 good for you?
2008 was mostly good, but there were some serious rough patches. I learned a lot about myself and what I want for the future, so that rocked.

What was your favorite moment of the year? Going to the Unit Homecoming with my brother who had just returned from Iraq. I missed him like crazy!

What was your worst moment of the year? Goodness, everything I can think of actually happened in 2007... the anniversary of the Flying Colours missing sucked, as did learning Bobby would be re-deploying.

Where were you when 2008 began? Watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8," which I'd never seen and kinda stressed me out.

Who were you with? Random people from Central Naz

Where were you when 2008 ended? In a fancy bar with two of my favorite girls and one of my favorite guy friends.

Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008? I don't know that I made one. So let's say, "Sure!"

Do you have a new years resolution for 2009? To keep in better contact with friends and family. Also, to not worry so much.

Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love, does that count?

Did you make any new friends in 2008? I made some wonderful new friends in 2008. They're pretty rocking.

What was your favorite month of 2008? I'm a fan of summer months. May-September were awesome.

Why this month? May was awesome because Bobby came home and I got to see him twice. Then I saw the entire family in June and spent a week in Florida. Oh, and Leslie took me to see Kenny Chesney for my birthday in June as well. September marked my one year marriage anniversary and we spent a lovely weekend in Sun River (and ate gigantic cupcakes and hung out with Lel).

Did you travel outside of the US in 2008? Someday I'll make it to Canada...

How many different places did you travel to in 2008? Baker, Metolious, Bend, Prineville, Salem, Seattle, Astoria, Tillamook, Lincoln City, St. Louis, San Diego, and Jacksonville... I think that's it. So... twelve.

Did you miss anybody in the past year? My friends that are too far away, a friend that disappeared, my brother, and an assortment of family members.

What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008? Well, I saw "Australia" and that was a-MAZ-ing. Oh! And Kung Fu Panda and Horton the Elephant!!!

What was your favorite song from 2008? I like music. And now that I've been asked that I can't name one song...

How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008? The aforementioned Kenny Chesney concert (with LeAnn Rimes, Cloverdale, and I think someone else) is the only one that comes to mind.

Did you have a favorite concert in 2008? Kenny Chesney, hello.

What was your favorite book in 2008? Mmmm... "Deadline" was pretty good, oh, and "A Thousand Splendid Suns."

Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Nothing comes to mind...

What was the biggest lie you told in 2008? I probably lied about my weight a few times.

Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? I'm pretty snappy with Jason sometimes and that isn't very nice.

Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? Probably, but I tend to ignore them.

What was your proudest moment of 2008? Registering for Fall term. I was so excited to go back to school!


What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008? I was slightly embarrassed when one of our friends found our book collection and then there was almost an awkward moment with Jason's parents (hooray for locking doors). I don't embarrass too easily, though.


If you could go back to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be? I would have saved more money. Oops.


Where did you work in 2008? PSU Foundation and then started at LifeWorks NW in October


Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008? The Office, “Bones,” and “House”


Favorite Band(s) of 2008? Little Big Town


Favorite Food in 2008? Sushi and ribs


Favorite Drink in 2008? Oregon Chai Tea


Favorite Place in 2008? Jacksonville


Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008? The Cool Kids, my husband, Leslie, the Wrights & Halls, and Aunt Deb


Favorite person(s) to talk to in 2008? Aunt Deb and Bobby


Favorite trip in 2008? The week in Jacksonville. I heart warm weather and beaches.


Favorite stores in 2008? I discovered Trader Joe's in 2008. It's amazing! JoAnn's is pretty rocking as well.


Hardest thing you had to go through in 2008? Bobby's deployment sucked. Brothers should not be allowed to be gone that long.


Most exciting moment(s) in 2008? Bobby coming home, trip to St. Louis, trips to San Diego, St. Louis, and Jacksonville, the first day of school (yes, I'm a nerd), and moving into our townhouse.


Funniest moment(s) in 2008? Well, Mr. Hall finding our book collection was pretty stinking hilarious. Oh, and drunk dialing Leslie after margaritas with Dad and Aunt Deb. Actually, the whole Road House Grill Margarita night thing was pretty hilarious from start to finish.

No comments: