Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dove Wisdom

"Walk with a light step and a light heart." 

Who knew I would get the encouragement I needed today from a piece of dark chocolate my boss gave me weeks ago? I love those little moments a friend once described as "God winks": those moments when you feel at peace and reminded of your purpose.
See, I haven't been walking with such a light heart - or step if I'm completely honest - and it's been both frustrating and depressing. April and May are notoriously difficult months for me to get through for reasons I understand and ones I have yet to identify. 

I need to choose joy. Forgiveness. Light. Recite my personal mission statement and bring it back to the forefront of my life.

I need purpose and direction to feel content and lately I've been rolling with the punches with no real direction. I also need to remember to live in the present, not the past. Dream and plan for the future, but enjoy the here and now. Now is all we're promised after all.  

No comments: