Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 3: What idiot designs a raised bathtub?

Today's workout made me groan, grunt, and nearly cry. But I stuck with it. I even did a few more push ups than normal. (My upper body strength needs some serious help.) I was so sore walking up the stairs to my bathroom, but was really encouraged by my husband when he told me how proud he was of me for sticking with this. I have to keep telling myself, "It's only twenty minutes, there's no excuse not to do it, and it HELPS."

Unfortunately, my bathtub is raised about six inches off the floor. Why? I do not know. My thighs are screaming from three days of squats, lunges, and butt kicks and I've been having trouble sitting and standing back up. I had to steady myself against the wall to get INTO the bathtub for my post-workout shower, but I was seriously perplexed as to how get OUT of it when I was done. This is how Jason found me: shower curtain open, towel in my head, dripping wet, with a stunned expression on my face. He asked if I was okay and I replied, "I can't move my legs and am not sure how to get down." Fortunately he's a good guy and held my hand to steady me so I could dry off and go to bed.

Note to self: drink more water and eat a banana post-workout to prevent legs from freezing up and getting yourself stuck in the shower.

1 comment:

Carly said...

ha! ha! ha! oh nike you crack me up! it's worth it, it's worth it...

I don't know if this will help you, and maybe it sounds a little crazy... but when it starts to get hard for me, I start repeating in my head "Workout for the body you want, not the body you have" and for some reason it just really motivates me to remember that it is a journey, painful though it may be!, and it's worth it in the end.

Good luck! It's great to have a "companion" in this!