Monday, November 17, 2008

Starting Over: Day 1

I have no upper body strength. I never have, really, so I am not at all surprised by this. I am currently lifting 3 lb weights for the strength training portions of 30DS and feel like my arms are going to fall off. Which is pathetic, but I'm too stubborn to move down to the 2 lb weights. On the upside, I did more push-ups than I did before. Still not for the full count, but more. Again, upper body has taking a beating over the last year and I'm doing "girly push-ups". I used to do beautiful, proper push-ups. =P I'll get there!

On a bright note, I was able to get into and out of the shower after my workout. Yay, no legs cramping up and freezing! =) (See, "What Idiot Designs a Raised Tub?" for background.)

My mini-goal is to lose enough weight I can get my wedding ring off. It's been stuck on my finger for almost a year now. (I think the last time I took it off was when I made meatloaf for "the fam" - not my biological one - which was around October of last year and it was quite traumatic getting it back on.) It doesn't look pretty and my skin is pretty dry under the ring. It would be nice if my finger didn't suffer anymore. ;-) I intend to lose enough weight in four weeks to be able to comfortably take my ring on and off. Cause I think losing ten-ish pounds would do the trick, especially since I tend to lose weight in my face and hands before I lose it anywhere else.

My long term goal is to fit back into my skinny jeans. Yes, I have a pair. I heart them and even though they haven't fit since my freshman year of college (that would be nearly five years ago) they were the best pants ever so I've never thrown them out in hopes that one day I could wear them again. Also never mind they are pale bluish-white and really don't go with many of my shirts. They are the softest jeans ever! And, jeans are expensive after all so it would be nice if the ones I have fit.

Tomorrow is another day and this chica needs some rest.

1 comment:

Carly said...

You go girl! Shoot for 1 pound a week, that's the healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off. :)

Seriously, that weight loss community I'm on has helped me a BUNCH, to stay on track and to see other women losing weight and sticking to their goals helps me out a ton.

There is a 30 Day Shred thread too, and that is really really helping me. Just FYI... :) I can send you the link if I haven't already. :)