1. What were your school colors?
High School was purple and gold - The pride and power that we hold exists in the heart of the purple and gold. I can almost sing the mascot song... but I won't.
2. What's the best compliment you ever received?"You're smart. You're funny. And, dangit, people like you." I'm not sure that's the best, but it is the one that popped into my head first cause it always makes me laugh.
3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?I think it's middle of the road. I will not tolerate one ply nonsense. It may be cheaper, but it gets used up way faster. I recently realized we buy toilet paper about once a year - mind you, there's only two of us - cause we buy the 24 pack of Charmin Ultra Soft Super Roll. I've received a lot of compliments on my toilet paper, come to think of it...
4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?The only "surprise party" I had thrown for me I didn't show up to. I was having my own birthday party with all my friends at my house (I lived with my dad) when my mother called and asked why I wasn't at her house. Because I wasn't supposed to be.
I've never been part of a surprise birthday part for someone else that I can remember. We had one for Dad when he came back from Drill in Louisiana. Grandma told us it was going to be a surprise and my sweet six year old sister was talking to him on the phone and said, "We're going to have a birthday party for you, but don't tell, it's a surprise." I'm not sure who she thought the surprise was for.
5. What is one material possession that you "can't live without"?Wow... "can't live without" is pretty strong. Most people are saying their cell phone, but I kinda dig being disconnected from people now and then. I could say my car, but I went several years without a car and it didn't kill me. It was inconvenient, but I lived. Now I think it's a toss up between the dishwasher and the washing machine... I'm going to go with dishwasher. I love that I can load it, run it when it's full and I don't really have to put the clean dishes away if I don't want because they're already organized and out of sight. With the washing machine once the clothes are dried I have another mess on my hands. Dishwasher, final answer.