Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank You Notes II

This week has been full of ups and downs and unexpected surprises - good and bad. I can usually say that about a month, or a season, or a year. It's kinda rare to have so many events and feelings in the span of five days, but I guess that just keeps life interesting. Without further ado, the thank you notes for this week...

Dear Girl Cousin,

Thank you for running 4.5 miles with me when you hadn't run a mile in over a year and were wearing your Vibrams for the first time. Despite the heat, elevation, and lack of refreshment, you stayed with me - even pushed me - for more than half the course. You rock.

Dear Balcony,

Thank you for being a place of retreat. The breeze blows in and carries on it the scent of summer and pine, unidentifiable sweetness and BBQ smoke. I have an unobstructed view of the trees and all the critters living in them and suddenly I feel all is right in the world. Until a kitty blocks the view, but thanks for being a place for them to chill as well. 

Dear Aunt,

It's funny to think as a child I thought you hated me. Somehow in the interim you have become my best friend and mother figure. Thank you for shining light into my life and then directing me onto the path I need to take from 2,000+ miles away. I treasure our two hour phone calls and all the missed messages in between. I'm so looking forward to seeing you soon!

Dear L,

What a blessing to have the same best friend 14 years down the road. Holy crap! 14?! Wasn't it just 11? Weren't we just 11? I'm so thankful to have you to grow old with. I so appreciate I can tell you anything and you'll hear it with compassion and understanding. There are few people who can say, "You are a freak, but I love you anyway" and mean it. I value your insight and the way you challenge me to be better everyday. You are a friend that gets better with time and I am so grateful to have you with me to navigate the ins and out of growing up. Meep.  

 

1 comment:

Aki Mori said...

What lovely sentiments...